Monday, March 9, 2009

Shrek on BroadwayWorld.com

Hey, guys, what's up? I'm Jessica, the other contributer for this blog. I have no aspirations of going into theatre (acting-wise), but I love it!

I don't have very long to write now, but I thought I'd let everybody know that BroadwayWorld.com is previewing the cast recording of Shrek today. It goes on sale March 24, but you can catch it for free on BWW's radio station.

Shrek the musical is... a musicalized version of Shrek the movie. Haha. It has been expanded a lot, giving more backstory. It sounds interesting, and it's FULL of references to other shows (A Chorus Line, Wicked, Into the Woods, etc.) The musical stars Sutton Foster as princess Fiona (who's CD "Wish" just came out) and Brian D'Arcy James as the big man himself.

Go check it out!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment