Thursday, May 7, 2009

According to my last blog post title, I'm still alive but a coward.

The Tony Nominations have been announced! As recently mentioned in the last few posts, but I wanted to post this anyway!
Huzzah for HAIR! It received 8 Tony Noms including Best Revival of a Musical! I'm really excited for it, but I'm also hoping for it to overcome the treacherous musical known as West Side Story. It is nominated for just about every catagory that HAIR is in. Sad.
But I have my faith in the age of aquarius.

As for Next to Normal...I believe the heavens opened and the theatre gods placed this musical onto Broadway to save it. And Broadway sure needs some saving.

Now, I'm not a big believer against the "fluff" musical, but the great white way needs depth and meaning, and not just something that is flashier, fancier, and all around "So Much Better" (no offense Blonde fans!). This depth is brought to musicals exactly like NtN. This show brings something fresh and original to the stage, and the score is amazing! I'm also determined that it will win Best Scenic Design for a Musical...because the set is so cool!
Counting down the days until Sunday, June 7th 8/7c. CBS!
P
C
Billy Elliot: The Musical is overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment