Tuesday, April 21, 2009

[Title of Show] Show and Other Random Comments

A new eppisode of the [Title of Show] Show was uploaded today. This is a behind the scenes (yet hilariously scripted) look at Title of Show. It usually features a few big name Broadway star cameos and this one is no exception. At the very beginning, Cheyenne Jackson, and the three lovely 9 to 5 ladies appear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEjjVvDmWHs&feature=PlayList&p=7E2E5DD85F79BDB1&index=14

And we find out the REAL murderer of Mindy, the puppet that was shot at the end of the last season... I guess you just gotta watch it. The eppisode is all about the Tonys and how [Title of Show] could be nominated for several awards.

Not to be a downer, but I kinda doubt that [tos] will be nominated for much. It didn't run for very long, but it became the obsession of theatre dorks everywhere. I honestly don't get what everyone is so obsessed w/. I mean, wooo, it's a ballade for the underdog, but honestly- what show isn't? Wicked is a ballade for the underdog, Ok? I never saw it, but I've listened to the soundtrack a lot. There are some funny parts, but the music isn't amazing. The only thing, in my opinion, this show had going for it was its creative plot and the love of theatre snobs. I feel like I SHOULD be one of them- I'm working on writing my second musical- but I just don't connect w/ this show.

Alright, now you have two perspectives on [tos], on to other things.

Next to Normal: I am so in love with this show. Go. buy. it. now. That is all.

9 to 5: Who's excited? Opening night is the 30th!! The Outer Critics Circle nominated Andy Blankenbuehler (who also did In the Heights) for his coreography, Megan Hilty (Doralee) as "Outstanding Actress" and Kathy Fitzgerald (Roz) as "Oustanding Featured Actress." The Drama League has nominated the show for Distinguished production of a show and Distinguished Performance Awards for Megan and Allison Janney (Violet.)

I'm so happy Megan got two nominations because come Tony time, she's the one that IF IF IF she gets nominated, gets nominated for featured instead of leading. Her character has the least arc to travel personally and she doesn't have a huge chance to show off her voice or acting abilities.

Allison will be nominated for leading. Stephanie could go either way. I kinda hope she's nominated for featured because against Alice Ripley (Next to Normal) in leading? ...no.

Sounds like it's about time for Philip and me to be making our Tony guesses. Hmm... we should have a contest! Haha.

Alright, hopefully those will be coming shortly. Till latah,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment