Friday, August 28, 2009

Cast!

First college play was a success! After a night of auditions, and then another night of callbacks until the cast list was finally posted at midnight, I was cast!

I have been cast in the play Dog Sees God playing the character of Matt. This character is the teenage version of Pig Pen from the Peanuts comic strip as the play is essentially all of the peanuts gang in their high school years. Matt is a germaphobe and a homophobe. This mixture will come together in the crashing ending of the play (it's fantastic). This will be interesting as this character is a step away from what I usually have portrayed on a stage. I will become the antagonist instead of the good guy, and have to really look outside of my comfort zone and do things not usually done by me. It's nothing too odd, but definitely a difference. And one I'm looking forward to.

The other plays that are being done in the season include The Good Doctor and You Can't Take It With You. Also, the one-act festival will begin auditions.

I'm also auditioning for a musical at one of the local community theatres, but I'll talk about that later. Good luck with J.B. auditions, Jess!

P
C

No comments:

Post a Comment